Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday 6/7/10

Breakfast: Fiber One banana chocolate chip muffin. I thought this would be the perfect sweet treat breakfast at only 190 calories, but I was wrong. It didn't fill me up at ALL, and I immediately ate my morning snack when I got to class. So add an apple and a light babybel cheese to the list. I think I'll save these muffins for dessert and go back to my usual higher protein breakfast items.

Lunch: Green salad with 1 tbs ranch. Sandwich on whole wheat with 1 slice each of provolone, turkey, ham and roast beef, veggies, and 1/2 tbs thousand island. Diet soda. 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream. The cafeteria selection was way disappointing... I might not eat there again until they go back to full selection mode in the fall.

Snack: 1 oz. dried cranberries.

Dinner: Anger at my ISP and my neuroscience professor almost drove me to McDonald's. Instead, I went to the grocery store and ended up coming home with a more reasonable option. Had a veggie burger on a whole wheat bun with reduced fat provolone, my last two slices of bacon, mayo and veggies. Also baked up some tater rounds. Finished off the meal with some amazing strawberries. And of course a nice, soothing glass of meade.

Snack: Raisin bran with skim milk.

So okay, today was not a low-fat day at all. But I did buy reduced fat cheese and light mayo while I was at the store. Also got skim milk instead of 1%. And come on, my veggie burger was probably still half the fat and calories of an Angus burger from McDonald's. Baby steps.

Thought about doing some DDR before I sat down to study, but my belly was full of water and I didn't want to give myself a cramp. It does sound like a fun workout, though, so maybe tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment