Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday 6/13/10

I wasn't at all hungry when I woke up today, which is highly unusual. So I just had a diet soda to get the ball rolling on the day and didn't eat anything until a few hours later.

Lunch: Baked chicken and a green salad with baby romaine, a few sliced black olives, cucumbers and tomatoes. Apparently the only dressing I have in my fridge is ranch, so I had that and made a note to buy a healthier option next time I'm at the store.

Snack: Slice of the marionberry pie that Linda sent me home with. Skim milk. Linda is the lady that took care of Merlin for the last year. She definitely shows her love through food. Every time I'm over there she tries to feed me and sends me home with food. It's sweet, but not great for the diet! I think for the rest of the pie I may only eat the filling and the top crust so as to cut back on the fat and calories.

Snack: That's right, another snack. Turns out dinner wasn't going to be ready until after 11:00, so I got hungry. Had a light yogurt.

Dinner: Beef stew! With barley, mushrooms, onions, carrots, celery and vegetable broth. Very healthy but rather "meh" on the taste scale. Also needed more fat. I was unsatisfied with my bowl of stew and craving something a little richer, so I had whole wheat toast with 1/2 tbs butter. That hit the spot. Wine to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment